Hey, thanks for your interest in training with us! Ten years ago I was in the exact same place you are right now: clicking the “Start Here” link on a local gym’s website. Your circumstances may or may not be like mine: I was overweight, out of shape, and hadn’t trained in years. No matter your circumstances, I’m positive we can help you meet your goals. We will help you become happy, healthy, and strong.
First: A Choice
I know, I know. There are too many choices in life. 47 varieties of cereal, 23 options for shampoo, and don’t get me started on the best school for your children. Don’t worry, there are only two options here. We’ve experimented with many different ways to get people started training with us. We’ve settled on two.
5-Hour Private Onboarding ($500)
This option is great for people that want more sessions to ensure they get off to a smooth and safe start. These five sessions are ideally done over the course of two weeks. Each session is 1-hour in duration. The curriculum looks like this:
- Day 1: Learn: squat and overhead press
- Day 2: Do: Squat, Learn: bench press and deadlift
- Day 3: Do: Squat, overhead press, and deadlift
- Day 4: Do: Squat, bench press, and deadlift
- Day 5: Do: Squat, overhead press, and deadlift
If you’re considering an ongoing Barbell Club membership with us, this is ideal for you. We encourage you to schedule these sessions during our group classes. That way you can meet other members and experience our community. We are quirky, nerdy, and above all welcoming.
- If you can’t fit these 5 sessions into two weeks due to schedule/travel time/etc. then this is not the best option for you
- Even though you’ll be working 1-on-1 with a coach, if you don’t want to be learning in front of others, then this is not for you.
Intro Barbell Clinic ($290)
This is our bread and butter. We take over 100 people a year through these clinics, and we have it down to a science. This is a 2-hour intensive private session that covers the 4 main lifts (time permitting).
- New lifters who want to do Starting Strength and get started under the eye of an expert coach
- Intermediate/Experienced lifters who need a “form check”
- Lifters who are hesitant about signing up for a larger commitment
- People who are visiting Chicago and need a quick check-up with a Starting Strength Coach
- People who live very far away from the gym, and can’t make it out to see us many times a week
- If you’re not so good at learning new things (you’re not alone!), you might still need ongoing work with a coach
- If you’ve been doing it wrong for a very long time, 2 hours might not be enough time. We can fix you, but give us time!
- We don’t book these during group class times (weekday mornings or evenings)
Not a problem! Please book a free phone consultation and I’ll be happy to talk with you about your goals. We’ll figure out what the best next step is for you together!